Australia is the remote country and continent surrounded by the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. Here are some totally weird facts about Australia-Australia is as wide as the distance between Moscow and London. Most of the Australians live within 50 kilometres of the coast. In around the 19th century, a group of 200 people got angry with the government and tried to start an offshoot colony in Paraguay which the called as “New Australia”. The world’s oldest fossil was found in Australia. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia. When Australia sent a platypus to England, the people of England thought that Australians have played a joke on them by sending them a rat with a bill of duck sewed to it. Australia has more sheep than people. The Australian Alps have more snowfall than Switzerland. A kangaroo is just a centimetre long when it is born. Selfie was an Australian invention. An Australian man once tried selling New Zealand on eBay. In New South Wales there is a coal fire burning for 5500 years beneath the surface. It would take 27 years to see all beaches in Australia even if you visit a new beach every day.
As crazy and astonishing these facts may seem, there are many things which would make you think about Australia.
- Natural wonders- Australia is home to The Great Barrier Reef which is a living piece of earth which also has its own postal code. Australia is home to many famous, rare and fabulous wonders of the world. Other fantastic places to visit are – Fraser Island, Kakadu, Mackenzie Falls, Blue Mountains and many more places.
- People of Australia-There is a huge cultural diversity in the people inhabiting Australia. They are helpful, friendly and the atmosphere is laid back. They have a relaxed life, liberal thinking and they are passionate about the outdoors.
- Beaches- There are as many as 11,011 beaches in Australia which stretches for around 37,000 kilometres. Australia has some of the best beaches in the world.
- Adventures- Australia is a paradise for people who like adventures. Snorkelling, Scuba Diving, Paragliding, Parachute riding and many other fun-filled activities would give you an adrenaline rush.
- Cities- Australia has a larger land area than Europe but it has an incredibly low population density. As high as 85% of the population of Australia lives near the coast. Australia has mountains, rivers, forest and ocean. Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Darwin, Perth etc. are beautiful cities to visit which have a diverse population of different ethnicities.
In Manly luxury accommodation in Sydney is just 18 kilometres away from Manly which is a great city to visit. Accommodation in Manly can be found online. For a luxury stay in Manly, consider Manly Beach accommodation.