- September 18, 2019
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: Travel
The puzzling valleys and enchanting hills dotted with plantations in Varkala make for a great secluded retreat. The magnificent sunrise and sunset views are worth lingering over. The dramatic mineral spring that flows from the southern end cliff of the beach is believed to be rich in medicinal value.
Varkala is home to long-standing 2000 year old Janardana Swami Temple which is a major pilgrim spot that attracts tourists from all over. Varkala beach is a sublime venue that makes for an appealing oceanfront destination wedding venue with the envelope of coconut palms and a moderate climate. The shacks and hotels in Varkala take care of a comfortable stay for the guests who can retreat in the stillness of this scenic beauty.
Headway to Dreamy Landscapes
Escape the crowds to a beautiful setting straight out of a movie and enjoy the slow pace of life here as the place gradually grows on you. Here is a compiled list of things to do in Varkala:
- Experience nature’s raw beauty in rugged rocks and endless grassland at laterite formed Varkala cliff that overlooks the golden Varkala beach
- Free your soul of sins with a dip in the pious waters of Papanasam Beach (Varkala beach) on the outskirts of Thiruvananthapuram district
- Soak in the serenity of Kappil backwaters in Varkala which is much calmer than the Alleppey backwaters
- Visit the Golden Island or Ponnumthuruthu also known as Golden Island is known for its century old Shiva Parvathi temple situated in the middle of thick coconut groves on sandy beaches
- Unwind in the presence of spellbinding Anjengo fort protected by the National Heritage monuments
- Watch the uninterrupted panoramic view from the lighthouse at Varkala
- Shop for beach products, aromatic spices, tea and coffee at Varkala
- Plan your itinerary to avoid missing the popular ashram of Shri Narayana Guru, Sivagiri Mutt
- Head to the coffee-plantations, where you can see fresh, young beans and learn how they are dried and roasted before they become the rich, flavourful brew you adore
Imperial Stay, Signature Experiences
Nestled in the midst of nature, Gateway, Varkala-IHCL SeleQtions is perched between the red cliffs overlooking the majestic Arabian Sea. The luxury stay provides a refreshing view of well-manicured garden. Get transported to a state of tranquility in this lap of luxury at the in house spa. To keep the kids busy, engage them in adventure-based Taj kids program specially dedicated to the young animated ones. Laze in the private balcony of airy cottages and unwind in this thoughtful blend of comfort and recreation.
Indulge in sumptuous buffet and carefully crafted delicacies in the hotel’s multi-cuisine restaurants. Relish the regional home-style cuisine in air-conditioned comfort. Embark on scenic trails to Varkala cliff that offers a spectacular view of Varkala beach. If you are planning a destination wedding in Varkala, treat your guests to a relaxing stay they won’t forget.
Head to Varkala if you are looking for some peace away from the action.